Its 2020, do you know what your DBA does?
I started this blog in 2015 and did nothing with it, TLDR, life etc.
As a DBA, at my Employer, I do much more than a regular DBA
- Because they let me
- Because my Boss encourages it
- Because I’m good at it
- Because I.T. moves at the speed of light and so do I – Matt 5:15
Azure was the Old New Thing in 2015 ( Raymond Chen ) , and to certain degrees, still is
Its just the same thing on Microsoft’s servers.
They have products and services neither Google or Book Boy (AWS) have because all they can do is host somebody else’s(MS) stuff.
Speaking for myself, these are just some of the techs that cross my consciousness on a regular:
- SQL DBA (duh)
- Data Security
- Data Cleaning
- Active Directory
- Workday Integrations
- .NET namespace junkie
- REST and SOAP Webservices
- Azure Storage Queues
- Azure Storage Tables
- Azure Storage Blobs
- Azure Flow
- Azure Logic Apps
- Azure Function Apps
- Azure DevOps
- Azure RBAC
- Azure SAS Tokens
- Azure MS Graph
- SSIS – not so much –> Powershell
- Data Warehouses
- SSAS MD
- SSAS Tabular
- Power BI/DAX
- Machine Learning
- Exchange REST API
- Parsing Data from HTML Emails
- Exotic (Moon-based) workflows
- Healthcare CCDA XML shredding
- And a few Standard Deviations thrown in for good measure
What will a DBA be tomorrow?